JAGShiki Designs Part 2
Updated: Aug 23
Its a good thing I am an early riser. It is now 9am and I have finished cutting out all items for the girls outfit
fleece for jacket
dashiki appliqué trimmings for dress - including POCKETS! )(Not pcckets)
Summing up what I have achieved today
Besides an aching body from my Body Balance class as I have not been attending with my usual regularity
Everything is cut out for all outfits except for final decisions on whether I embellish the fleece side of boy's jacket? But I have worked out what can be used for it.
Experimented with whether I will quilt the fleece and discovered my approx 45yr old Elna Supermatic will not sew fleece…. tried different needles etc! Luckily recently I was given a Frister and Rossman with a walking foot and that copes. It also enables me to have two machines on the go, threaded with different colours. This material demands many changes
Girl's trousers are completed bar inserting elastic and hemming, just straight forward sewing one material!
Girl's dress, plain sides been appliquéd with remnants for central tear drop
Pockets added having had to redo one, making two for the same side!!
Had to add some satin stitch to edge as blue border was consequently a little uneven but there should never be a hole in the pocket now
Boy's borders have been appliquéd and back yoke joined but yokes not yet attached.
Having cut the borders to fold just above the white dots in the brown border I realised how attractive the little yellow zigzag line was but I had not left enough to top stitch it so had to seam it from underneath.
All of these raise funds for Just Act Gambia